There are 10 U.S. Postal Service holidays each year, so make note of the 2013 USPS holiday list below so you know which days you won’t get bills, letters or junk mail in your mailbox.
In addition to not getting mail, you won’t be able to mail a packages at your local post office on any of the postal holidays listed below. Even if you drop your letters or packages at the post office, they won’t ship out until the next business day.
Many post office locations have 24-hour access to paid post office boxes and most have automated kiosks that sell stamps and print labels for packages.
2013 US Postal Service Holidays List:
- Tuesday, Jan. 1 – New Year’s Day
- Monday, Jan. 21 – Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Monday, Feb. 18 – Washington’s Birthday
- Monday, May 27 – Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4 – Independence Day
- Monday, Sept. 2 – Labor Day
- Monday, Oct. 14 – Columbus Day
- Monday, Nov. 11 – Veterans Day
- Thursday, Nov. 28 – Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, Dec. 25 – Christmas Day